Olive Oil Tasting Genuine Day Experience
Enjoy a different view of Priorat region. Admire the stunning views of Natural Park of Serra del Montsant, in a 4x4 vehicle excursion along the olive trees plantations. Live a day in a local countryside area, where you will learn the secrets about the best olive oil, taste the local homemade traditional food and visit one of the most beautiful villages in Catalonia, Siurana.
What will you do?
We will pick you up at 8:00 am and drive south for 2 hours with our comfortable car or minivan. You will arrive in Priorat area at around 10 am, there you will meet a member of the family-run olive oil mill that will take you in a 4x4 vehicle around the Natural Park of Serra del Montsant, to admire the stunning views over the Priorat area, well known for its excellent wines but also for its great olive oil. After enjoying the ride, you will visit the olive trees plantation and you will have the chance to feed the lovely donkeys. This is an organic farming olive mill, and only use natural fertilizers and traditional method of extra-virgin olive oil elaboration. After learning about the different types of olives and trees, you will visit the modern mill and learn about the whole process, from harvesting to oil extraction. After learning about the process it’s time for olive oil tasting! You will be able to taste worldwide award-winning olive oils and become an expert, learning about how to use it, how to taste it and how to smell it. Following the tasting, you will have a brunch that consists of traditional dishes elaborated with much love and care by the owner herself. Once brunch is finished, we’ll take you to the next village to visit an ancient olive mill, also property of the same family and converted into a museum and shop where you can buy all range of local olive oil and other products, if you wish to. From there, and to round off your visit to the area, we will take you to one of the most spectacular sites in the area and in Catalonia. Siurana, a tale village located in an unassailable position over the river were needed knights of four counties to conquer it. It was finally conquered to the Moors in 1153 and it was the last bastion of the reconquest of Catalunya. If you look over the cliff, you will guess why it was not conquered in three hundred years. There you can still find the footprint of the horseshoe that was left when the last Moorish Princess jumped over the cliff riding on the back of her horse. After having a mid-afternoon drink and snack enjoying the views, we will head back to Barcelona at around 16:30 pm. You will be dropped back at the city center by 18:30 pm (depending on traffic conditions)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation in a comfortable car or minivan
- Morning coffee
- Awesome driver-guide
- Visit to a small family run organic olive oil mill
- Excursion in 4 x 4 vehicle around the beautiful landscape and olive trees plantations
- Extra virgin olive oil semi-professional tasting (4 different types of oil)
- Homemade brunch (with surprising olive oil recipes)
- Afternoon visit to the beautiful Medieval village of Siurana
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Tips (always graciously accepted)
- Any other drinks or food
Request a quote using our email button!
Family-run olive oil mill
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately