Game of Thrones Experience: hidden filming locations near Barcelona
Are you a Game of Thrones addict? Can’t wait for the next season release? If you are a REAL FAN of the series, this is the perfect experience for you!
Visit the 6th season filming locations near Barcelona, not only outdoors in the Medieval old town of Girona but also indoors, with a visit to a private property where you can admire a Medieval style Castle that stands for Sam Tarly’s home, Hornhill. Enjoy a great Mediterranean cuisine meal and wander around the hidden locations in the charming Old Town of Girona, following the filming locations with your tablet and round off this day with a special Game of Thrones ice-cream!
What will you do?
You will be picked up at 09:30 am and ride in our comfortable car or minivan for around 1hour. Once there, you will enter into a Medieval-style hidden castle where 6th season’s Sam Tarly’s family home in HornHill was shot. There you will have the chance to admire a wonderful building: a Medieval-style castle that was originally built by one of the most famous architects in Barcelona after Gaudi, named Lluis Domenech i Muntaner, the same artist that built UNESCO World Site Modernist buildings such as Palau de la Musica Catalana or Hospital Sant Pau in Barcelona, absolutely beautiful and amazing! You can take your photos and enjoy this visit for around 1 hour. After “recovering” from this jaw-dropping experience, we’ll drive you north for 1 more hour to Girona, arriving there at around 13:00 am, just in time for a tasty local cuisine lunch. Original & creative Mediterranean cuisine with fresh market and seasonal products.
After this great lunch experience, at around 14 pm you’ll follow your guide around the beautiful Old Medieval Town of Girona while enjoying filming anecdotes of 6th season sceneries on the screen of your tablet. This tour will last for around 2.5 hours and will finish with a very special Game of Thrones ice-cream. You will head back to Barcelona at around 17 pm, arriving at your hotel 18:30 pm (depending on traffic conditions)
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Admire a gorgeous Medieval-style castle that was built by one of the most famous architects in Barcelona after Gaudi
- Learn about shooting anecdotes and curiosities of your favourite series in the castle and in the Old Town of Girona
- A different way of visiting the charming Girona
- Enjoy great Mediterranean cuisine
- Once in a life-time experience
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transport in a comfortable car or minivan
- Awesome driver-guide
- Exclusive private visit in a private property
- Entrance tickets
- Game of Thrones theme customized snack
- A great 3-course Mediterranean cuisine lunch
- Tablet rental for filming locations experience in Girona
- Game of Thrones theme yummy ice cream
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Tips (always graciously accepted)
- Any other drinks or snacks are not included
Sam Tarly's home (Hornhill Castle)
Braavos, Sept of Baelor, Citadel
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately